Saturday, March 15, 2008

I'm bad at this


The blogging, I mean. Putting up pictures. I haven't since Thanksgiving. Bad Dad!

So I'm not going to try to put up tons of pictures at a time, or write anything profound. I'm going to aim for the much more realistic goal of one photo per week. Here's this week's picture: Tiny Man in his Train, playing with his fire station.

Sometimes he has trouble with two different vowel sounds close together. He says "airplane" just fine but "airport" comes out as "oarport". He can identify several planets on sight. He recognizes Jupiter by its stripes, Saturn by its rings, Mars because it's red, and Earth by the blue and white. In his words, it's "Earf, the planet that we walk on." So Earf isn't a problem vowel-wise, but this past week he learned the word "earthmover" which comes out "oofmover".

The other night Vicki tripped and fell. She's okay now, but it made her cry. London came over and said, "Momma, you're not in trouble".

Another night he asked me to sing "the merry song". So I started singing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas", which is his favorite Christmas song. But he cut me off and said, "No, the one with the boat." Then I knew he meant "Row, Row, Row Your Boat". So I sang it, and when I got to the end, "Life is but a dream," he just died laughing, and then said, "Daddy, you're not supposed to say 'butt'".

Stay tuned for another photo next week...I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home