Saturday, September 29, 2007

I'll fly away


Vicki's little brother, Matt Cooper, died in his sleep a few weeks ago, at the age of 29.

It still catches me by surprise when I remember it. Matt was one of my best friends and although my head knows that he no longer here, my heart is having a hard time accepting it. It is especially hard because London looks so much like Matt did when he was little. Matt and London didn't have a huge amount of time together, but they both enjoyed what time they did have. Matt taught London to say, "BOWMP-BOWMP -- chicka-chicka -- Oooooh Yeeeeaaaah!" and London still runs around saying it and asking about Uncle Matt.

What can I tell him? It's not like I understand it myself. Matt is in the arms of God but I still have to get through the rest of this life without him.

Godspeed, my brother. I will see you again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home